Transloading Services With Givens
Let Givens manage your transloading service needs!
With over 65 years of industry expertise, Givens specializes in offering transloading and drayage services for our clients. Our asset-based drayage and over-the-road transportation combined with our company warehouses ensures a seamless transfer of your goods. Operating from the East Coast ports of Norfolk, VA and Savannah, GA our dedicated team of logistics coordinators are committed to keeping you informed until the successful completion of delivering your goods.
Asset-based Transportation and Warehousing
East Coast Ports
Near the ports of Norfolk, VA and Savannah, GA
Asset-based Drayage & Truckload
- Asset drayage at Norfolk, VA and Savannah, GA ports
- Drayage services at all US ports
- Heavyweight and over dimensional cargo
- Tri-axel chassis pool
- Truckload services throughout the mid-atlantic, northeast and midwest states
- 2 million sq ft of Class A, C-TPAT compliant warehouses
- FTZ and customs bonded warehouses
- Transloading services for palletized, floor loaded, and oversized cargo (OOG)
- Value added services such as sorting, repackaging, assembly and inspections
- Vendor managed inventory programs (VMI)
- Competitive Pricing
- Global knowledge with personalized customer service
- Our dedicated team gets to you know, not just your freight
- Professional team members ready to customize and tailor your project needs
Out of Gauge Transloading Capabilities
- Experienced handling over dimensional flatracks, open tops and breakbulk
- Transloading on and off port services
- Heavyweight lifts and cranes
Drayage and Transloading Services at all US Ports
Going beyond the ports of Norfolk, VA and Savannah, GA, Givens Logistics expands its proficiency in transloading and drayage services to encompass all ports across the United States. We utilize our network of partner carriers and transload facilities, maintaining a steadfast dedication to exceptional customer service and extensive industry experience. This commitment holds true whether you are seeking support with transloading, drayage, or truckload transportation services anywhere within the U.S.
What is Transloading?
Transloading refers to the transfer of goods from one mode of transportation to another en route to their final destination. In the case of import ocean containers this typically involves the transfer of cargo from incoming ocean containers to truck or rail.
Benefits of Transloading
Transloading can reduce costs. When your containers arrive at the port, the process of transloading eliminates the need to transport the ocean container to the final destination and then return the empty container back to the port. This minimizes the potential of per diem charges while the container is in use.
Transloading offers flexibility. After your cargo arrives at one of our warehouses, it has the flexibility to undergo sorting, repackaging, separating, or be shipped based on the urgency and specific requirements for its transpositions by truck or rail. Our experienced team excels at managing various types of cargo, including palletized, floor loaded, or Out-of-Gauge freight.
Transloading equals speed. In times of intense port congestion and limited capacity, getting your goods to the market quickly holds immense value. Through transloading, your merchandise undergoes a rapid shift from the container to the outbound truck, avoiding potential delays at port terminals and rail yards. Once a container becomes accessible at the port, our standard practice involves retrieving the container and executing the transloading process for the cargo within a span of 24-48 hours.